Technology tools for academic vocabulary
Overview & objectives
- Teachers will identify & understand the three tiers of vocabulary.
- Teachers will look at various vocabulary resources to implement in the classroom.
- Teachers will be able to use at least one vocabulary tech tool in their classroom.
TEAM Rubric: Standards & Objectives, Presenting Instructional Content
Standards: All ELA
PLC Guiding Questions:
- What is it we want our students to learn?
- How will we know if each student has learned it?
- How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
- How can we extend and enrich the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency?
task #1: Three tiers of vocabulary
Task #2: strategies/implementing in the classroom
- 10 Characteristics of Effective Vocabulary Instruction_
- Marzano Strategies/Activities
- Instructional Videos
- Read, discuss, and share!
Task #3: Explore Resources & Share
- Visit & explore the resources below.
- Pick 1-3 resources that you feel could be useful and you would like to share.
- Use the organizer to list your favorites.
- Share time
- Add your favorite tools to our Padlet.
- Fill out evaluation form.
- Schedule follow-up appointment with your tech coach.